Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Student Success Statement
“Only I can change my life. No one can change it for me.”
Carol Burnett

I think this quote means that the life decisions you make are yours and only yours, and that no one else can take blame for them or change them. I agree with this quote up to a certain point. While I do believe that the decisions you make are your own fault and responsibility, I also believe that someone else’s actions can alter or influence the choices that you will make. Everything can alter or influence your choices that you will make later on, actually. Every little action, event, or choice that you or someone else makes will affect your future in some way. Even if you make your life what it is and the actions you make are yours alone, some sort of choice started the chain reaction that is your life. And some set of events has guided it until where it is today.

No comments:

Post a Comment