Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Student Success Statement
What is The Strangest Secret in The World?
“We become what we think about.”
Earl Nightingale


First off, I would like to say something that has been bothering me since I’ve seen the title. The title “What is the Strangest Secret in The World?” is really getting me bothered because if it is a secret, then we are not supposed to be told what it is because then it wouldn’t be a secret anymore. Anyways with that said, I completely agree with the quote. I believe that someone who thinks about misery will only receive misery and someone who thinks about happiness will gain happiness. If you have this state of mind about yourself or your life, it is destined to materialize. This isn’t always true towards an aspect of your life that you are not completely in control of, for example if you constantly think about gaining millions of dollars you may not be destined to become a millionaire, it is possible but it is not certain. Obviously this doesn’t work with thoughts such as growing wings, or gaining superpowers, or achieving immortality. But I believe if you truly set your mind upon something, it will most likely happen because you want it to happen and you will try and try to make it happen, and eventually it might.

No comments:

Post a Comment