Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Student Success Statement
“That which we in doing becomes easier to do, not that the nature of the thing has changed but that our power to do has increased.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

This statement is basically saying that when we do something over and over again, we get better at doing it. Obviously this is true because in order to learn something that involves memory (physical as well as mental) we need to repeat the process of learning until we have perfected the subject at hand.  An example would have to be when I tried to learn a song on the piano. I learned the song in parts to make it easier. As I learned a part, I played it over and over again until I played that part without any mistakes or pauses. Once I learned the part, I went on to the next part, and after I learned all the parts I practiced playing the whole song without making any mistakes. I have forgotten the song since then but at least I memorized the entire thing at one point.

No comments:

Post a Comment