Friday, April 11, 2014

Would you like to be great?
Here’s how
Student Success Statement
“Kindness is the essence of greatness.”

Joseph B. Wirthlin

This quote means that the root of greatness id kindness, and if you want to become great you first need to become kind. I somewhat do not agree with this quote. Yes, it is true that kindness is one of the greatest qualities a person can have, but I do not think it is the root of greatness. I think that the root of greatness is persistence, always fighting for what’s right no matter what happens. I think a more important quality that could be replaced with kindness is empathy. Shouldn’t every great leader have great empathy to lead his followers to greatness? Shouldn’t every great hero have empathy to save his people with? Shouldn’t every great teacher have great empathy to be able to teach his students?  Empathy, I think, is greater than kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment