Wednesday, June 4, 2014

“Obedience is central to becoming, being, and remaining happy.”

David A. Bednar

This quote means that if you are obedient then it is likely that you become happy and stay happy. I am not sure if I agree with this quote or not. The reason why I am unsure is because the thought of saying that obedience will make you happy is too vague to be correct. Yes obedience is choosing the right thing to do but does it make you happy? There are plenty of scenarios that would show that someone isn’t happy because they are obedient. Some scenarios might include slavery, oppression, tyranny, fear, or even just depression. All those scenarios would include someone being obedient but also not being happy. So again I don’t think I agree with this quote, but nor do I disagree with it because it some cases being obedient will grant you happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment