Friday, January 17, 2014

Glenn Cunningham

Glenn Cunningham was badly burned at the age of eight. He had lost all of the flesh on his knees and shins and had lost all the toes on his left foot. He also lost his brother Floyd in the fire. The doctor recommended amputation but his parents did not allow it. But after years and years of hard work, determination, and faith he finally was healthy enough to walk and even to run. He eventually went on to becoming a champion athlete. He participated in the 1932 Summer Olympics and the 1936 Summer Olympics. Cunningham’s goal was to run a four minute mile. Even though he never achieved this goal he tried many times each with different strategies. His most successful strategy was to just run his fastest from the start. I guess the only way I could relate to this is that when I was younger and my art skills weren't as good, I tried my hardest to improve them. I knew that my art skills were bad and I wanted to improve them, and i never told myself that I could never get better. And now I am glad I never gave up because my art is better than ever and I am proud of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment