Friday, February 28, 2014

Student Success Statement
“I will persist until I succeed.”
Og Mandino


This quote is saying that you should always keep trying to succeed no matter what happens. I agree with this quote, you should always try your hardest and never give up. An example I could give is when I started drawing. I started drawing ever since I could remember but it wasn’t until I was around 8 until I wanted to improve and actually express myself with drawing. I tried really hard to self-improve and I was very proud of my work, I would always show it to my friends. Even though at the time I was terrible, in my eyes I was really good. Everybody I would show my drawings to would always compliment me and congratulate me but only because I was young and unaware. Eventually I caught on to their lies and wanted to improve greatly, so I started drawing complex things like realistic figures, intricate patterns, different perspectives, etc. My mistake was that I should’ve tried something simpler because I would insist that I was a master in drawing. Anyways the point is, no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t get anywhere but all that practice paid off because when I got older and learned new techniques, I exponentially increased my drawing skill and am doing 100x better than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment