Friday, February 14, 2014

Student Success Statement
“Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body; it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity. The relationship between the soundness of the body and the activities of the mind is subtle and complex. Much is not yet understood, but we do know what the Greeks knew: that intelligence and skill can only function at the peak of their capacity when the body is healthy and strong.”

Former President John F. Kennedy

Basically what I understand from this quote is that you can only be truly at your peak in mental fitness if you are at your peak in physical fitness. I disagree with this quote. I disagree because I don’t think that the only way to reach your peak mentally is to reach your physical peak. I believe that you can reach your mental peak without the need to perfect your physical health.  I’m not saying that you should give up on your physical health altogether, but it is easy to neglect your physical aesthetics when you are excelled in your mental state. This also is true vice versa; it’s easy to neglect your intelligence when you are excelled in your physical state. I am not saying that there isn’t someone out there who is peaked in both their mental and physical states, but I am saying that it is not necessary for the only way to have your mental state to peak only because your physical health is peaked.

No comments:

Post a Comment